Vacationing in Barbados is no longer exclusive to the elite and wealthy. There are now a lot of affordable accommodations scattered throughout the island where eager budget-restricted vacationers can simply choose that one place which is suitable to their traveling party or individual preferences. There are so many kinds of lodgings to choose from. Choices vary from a quaint Barbados apartment hotel, to a luxury hotel or villa.
Choosing where to stay is sometimes the most troublesome part of the whole vacation planning experience. There is a need to employ the use of an effective elimination strategy to narrow down the most suitable choices. To help things along, here is a list of the cheapest accommodations in the beautiful island Barbados:
The Abbeville Hotel. This is probably one of the most popular budget hotels in the area, and is usually listed as a hostel in majority of booking lists or web sites. It is a small and old place, but it makes up for it with charm and cheap prices. It is convenient because it is walking distance from pretty much all the essential places and establishments. The rooms are comfortably air-conditioned and designed in a typical colonial Caribbean style.
Rostrevor. This family-owned establishment is situated in the heart of St. Lawrence Gap. The guest rooms are especially designed to provide tourists with all the necessary amenities to experience a special, self-catering vacation. Each room is fully equipped with a variety of features that are specific to the provision of comfort such as air-conditioning, cable services, kitchenettes, bathroom, wifi connection and so on.
The New Edgewater Hotel. This place is located between a river and rainforest in the east coast of Barbados. There are a total of 24 rooms and suites that offer luxury facilities at affordable rates. The establishment has its own restaurant and offers free internet access in all of the rooms which is ideal for any traveler. The quiet serenity of the east coast is one of the most appealing features of the hotel.
Golden Sands Hotel. The beautiful exterior and interior of this hotel makes visitors forget that it is a budget accommodation. Set in a tropical garden, the hotel offers a pool and a bar that serve quality Caribbean and international cuisine. It is located just across the famous Golden Sands Beach, which is considered to be one of the top beaches on the island.
Sugar Cane Club. This boutique hotel offers tranquility, luxury and seclusion at the best prices possible. Overlooking the west coast, this hotel and spa offers guests access to 2 pools and bars, a restaurant, gym, spa and a squash court. There are a total of 40 rooms and suites, and a private villa that is equipped with its own kitchenette.
Tropical Winds Barbados Apartment Hotel. This includes 23 studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments that are fully equipped with kitchenettes, air conditioning and internet connection. The apartment hotel has its own restaurant and bar and laundry services. Located on the southeast side of the island, it boasts of some of the most scenic beaches. The staff is always friendly and accommodating.
Searching for cheap deals and discounts on the internet is a new trend today. Since the economic downturn was hit the world in 2008, people has always tried to get the cheapest possible price when shopping online. Nowadays you can easily find cheap travel deals and hotel rates on the internet too. To help you find a hotel with the most reasonable rates at your travel destination, you might want to follow the five tips below:
1. Start your search early. Beginning your search early will enable you to make the right choice. If you wait until the very last minute, you will tend to make a rushed decision. As the result, you may book a hotel that does not meet your criteria and your budget. It is a good idea to take some time for shopping around. Compare the available hotels carefully and match the price with the quality that they offer. Today, you can also find websites that offer last minute cheap hotel rates but it would be much better to book earlier.
2. Lower attendance usually means lower rates. If you plan to make your visit on a weekend, you should look into hotels that cater for business stays because they are usually full in business days. Also avoid peak season as rates can be double or even triple the price of off season.
3. Browsing the internet is a great way to find cheap hotel deals but it will work more effectively if you do a combination search. It is a good idea to also call the hotel’s service desk and ask for their room rates. Then, you can compare the rates offered on the internet and the ones offered by the service desk to get the best deal. Some hotels offer lower rates when you book online or make a call; therefore make sure that you use different methods in searching for a cheap hotel.
4. Find out if you can get a discount. Some hotels usually offer lower price for groups and extended stays. Therefore make sure that you ask the hotel’s customer service for this discount before making a reservation. Some hotels also offer discounts for military personnel, university students, and senior travelers. They will not offer these discounts freely if you don’t make any inquiry. So, be active in obtaining information about it.
5. Join a hotel membership to save money. After you have chosen a hotel to stay, join their membership to help you get cheaper rates. If you travel a lot, it will really save your budget.